Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  
~Washington Irving

Apparently Rowen didn't realize that Mother's Day is supposed to be for sleeping in, but I don't think I ever really understood that concept when I was little.  As I have my first Mother's Day I have to celebrate my mother, whom I likely wouldn't of been able to survive this first month without.  


Words cannot express what my mother means to me.  She is the smartest, kindest, most caring person I know and she is my best friend, most loyal advocate, and always believes in me.  There has never been a day in my life that I have questioned how much my mother loves me, and I hope that one day when Rowen grows up he will be able to say the same thing about me.  


Happy Mother's Day Marmie, love me, and your grandchildren Rowen, Jack, and Lola!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Danielle, you were such a great baby who turned into such a beautiful women. I am so proud to be called your Mother. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...