Sunday, May 26, 2013

~Not Always Magical but Definitely Memorable~

Yesterday we returned from a week in Orlando-a little sun kissed, a wee bit tired, but overall happy.  Vacations aren't exactly easy in the normal capacity, but add in a 2 year old and a 6 month old, and they require a whole heck of a lot of patience, grace, and teamwork.  This week Rudy and I rocked the teamwork, which made everything that could be sometimes stressful a whole lot easier to deal with.  And although I whine, protest, and complained the entire time, our drive to and back from Florida was relatively enjoyable.
We rented a house for this Disney trip, and while we have always most recently stayed on property, this will most likely be the best option for us for the next few years.  Everyone had their own space, we could all unwind, and daily swims in the pool in the backyard were mandatory.  It was wonderful. 

This wasn't Rowen's first trip to Disney, but it was Finnegan's, and while he was along for the ride more often than not, I think his first trip had just enough pixie dust to be magical.  Yes I love obnoxious Disney references, shoot me.


 Rowen in his sweet two year old temperamental state would of been happy as a clam just swimming in the pool all day, but he too showed signs of joy and wonder at meeting some of his current heroes.  I hope the expressions of joy stay for at least our next few trips because those are what I find most magical.  




Each trip we take to Disney is different, but special.  Rowen is at a hard age, and while there were moments of disappointment (mainly on my part) he did seem to have a great time, and I think what he enjoyed most was spending a whole week with us.  There were no five am wake up calls, bedtimes were pushed back, sweet treats were aplenty, and there was even a late night dinner complete with T-Rex and a meteor shower.  




And our sweet sweet Finny.  My favorite moments with Finny this trip were in the early mornings, when we would bring him into our bed before getting up for the day, and he would babble and roll around with us.  He truly is such an easy going happy little baby and loves just being part of the group. The entire vacation he was probably happiest riding around in the Ergo taking in the sites.  I know this is probably the last vacation where he won't be completely on the go, so it was nice to have his sweet little baby rolls to cuddle with often! 





One of my favorite parts of this vacation, and all others, is the pictures.  I know I can be a bit annoying demanding pictures all the time, but when we get home, and see all of the expressions and moments captured, I am so happy.  This is one of those pictures that we have a version of from every trip we have gone on, and while the first round didn't turn out too great, I am glad we went back a second time and captured this, my new favorite family photo.  

Disney creates a lot of magic for you, but its the memories that you make with the magic that are important. And we have plenty of memories to last us until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...