Saturday, September 10, 2011

~Take Me Out to the Ball Game~

This past week we took Rowen to his first Dodgers game.  It isn't often that the Dodgers travel to the east coast and are in the DC area, so I knew tickets to the game would be the perfect anniversary gift for the hubs.  I bought these tickets back in July and we have been anticipating taking Rowen to the game ever since.  I completely forgot the camera at home, but I was able to get a few decent iPhone pictures!
If you are living in one of the dryer areas of the country then you might not know that we have been bombarded with rain this week.  I would of thought they would postpone the game, but the Nationals' pitcher Strasbourg was coming back so it was a pretty big game for them and they were trying to do whatever possible to not cancel the game.  

It was kind of crappy weather, and cold, which meant Rowen had to wear a hat for the first time of the year!  I haven't really stocked up on hats and this one was given to him by his Aunt Cici, and we ended up loving it so I am ordering it in a few more colors in preparation for the cooler temperatures.  It doesn't exactly match Dodger blue but I figured it was better than nothing! Have I mentioned I can't wait for fall and am already decorating my house in leaves, we will save that for another time!
We only stayed for about five innings because the rain picked up, but we had great seats for the game!  While we enjoyed watching, little man did some of this (despite a three hour nap prior to the game)...
We had debated just skipping the game because of the weather but I'm glad we went and had a good time, and I can't wait to hopefully take Rowen again next year when the Dodgers are in town and he is a little bigger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...