Monday, October 10, 2011

~Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin~

Yesterday we decided to make our way to the pumpkin patch!  One of the guys I work with recommended Belvedere Plantation, and it did not disappoint!  If you live anywhere near Fredricksurg, Virginia and have a child over a year old, I highly recommend it!


It took us a little over an hour to get there, and when we left our house there was a slight chill.  That was not the case when we got to plantation, it was HOT!  We were all dressed for fall when we should of been wearing shorts and flip flops!  I ended up getting sunburned, but it gave us a little knowledge about Rowen's skin.  I know he should of been wearing sunscreen but I didn't realize it was going to be as hot it was.  Either way I think we discovered that his skin takes after Rudy and isn't hyper sensitive like mine.  While I got a nice deep pink, Rowen doesn't even look like he was outside.  This will make life easier for him and for me down the line....

Rowen wasn't too keen on smiling while we were at the plantation, but we walked around, saw the farm animals, and enjoyed some freshly made lemonade.  On our way to the plantation we passed another pumpkin patch that didn't require taking a hayride out to the pumpkins so we decided to pick up our pumpkins there.





I decided this was the sheep version of my Lola, it wouldn't leave me alone...

The only family picture of the day, notice grumpy pants....

I know it was mean of me to take a picture of him pouting, but I couldn't resist...

Before heading to pumpkin patch #2, we stopped at Sonic.  I have a deep love of Sonic, but the one in Fredericksburg is the closest one to me.  I know this because when I was pregnant I may or may not of looked this up on several occasions.  So for lunch we indulged, and it was heavenly!

At the second pumpkin patch, which I think was better suited for us this year since Rowen couldn't enjoy most of the activities as Belvedere plantation, we found some great pumpkins!  We ended up getting a tall one, a round one, and three little ones for Rowen, Jack, and Lola.




They also had a great display of pumpkins where I was able to sit Rowen and get a few smiles...



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are enjoying the warm weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...