Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm not the grinch...

...but I'm in a Christmas funk.  I love Christmas. It is my hands down, favorite time of the year.  But this year I can't get into the spirit and I don't know why.  I could go into the long list of what I haven't done and how I blame my funk on my Christmas tree (it is missing its wow factor and I can't exactly figure out what it is) but all of these things aren't important.

This year is different.  This year we have a sweet little boy who is crawling around and bah-bah-bah ing at us all day.  He loves my Christmas tree the way it is.   Each night I watch him and Rudy sit in front of our Christmas tree and watch our Christmas train go round and round.   He doesn't care if there are not strategically placed glitter trees around the house this year.  He doesn't have enough teeth yet to eat a single Christmas cookie.  I know on Christmas day, he will enjoy the wrapping paper more than any gift I get him.  And right now, to him, a jingle bell is one of the most awesome toys there is.
 
Its hard to convey what I'm feeling this year.  This time last year we were prepping for Rowen's arrival and I never could have imagined how much love we would have for this precious little boy.  I may not get everything done I would like to this holiday season but whats most important is the family we have and the times we share together. That is truly my favorite part of Christmas and the part I look forward to the most. I do hope that each and every one of you are enjoying the holiday season to the fullest and happy 24 days til Christmas!!! 
"Remember, this all began with a child.  Because it took nothing but love to begin it, its not really Christmas if love isn't in it"
 ~The Spirit of Christmas~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...