Thursday, May 31, 2012

~Bebe Numero Dos~

Yes, you read the title right, we are having Baby Rivera #2!! As of today I am 15 weeks along and am due on November 22, Thanksgiving Day!

We found out on March 16th, after I took a pregnancy test at work.  The real kicker was when I went to our clinic to confirm (because in the military you have to notify God and Country) they said that I was in fact not pregnant.  So my afternoon was spent taking these....

Never one to be told I'm wrong, I had to prove what we already knew! Two weeks later I headed down to the clinic, where I was known as the girl who thought she was pregnant but wasn't, and walked out fifteen minutes later with a smug smile on my face and my confirmation slip in hand!

We got to see and hear BR2 on April 30th and it put on quite a show for us.  With Rowen's first ultrasound he was curled in a ball so it was a whole new experience actually seeing arms and legs!


Knock on wood, this pregnancy has been great, but I also had a pretty easy go of it with Rowen.  The only thing I crave is ice water with a splash of pink lemonade! I had a few ill feeling days towards the beginning, which may of resulted in me saying good bye to Dunkin Donut's iced tea permanently, but otherwise I am handing food much better this time, although I don't feel like I have very much room, which didn't show up until the third trimester last time.  And I think BR2 is going to complete the stretch mark mural on my stomach because I feel like I am carrying higher than with Rowen who hung low as long as he could. 

I dug through some of my pictures from last time, which are amazing iPhone quality, and found one that I took right around this time with Rowen for comparison...

I like to think I look a little smaller this time, but I also started out a little heavier this time.  So far I have actually lost in the pregnancy, but I cut a lot of what I was eating out, and we try to walk everyday (which I think is a bonus of being pregnant in nice weather.) And at this point last time I was already 'needing' cookies and cream milkshakes from Chick-fil-a and was moving right along on the 40lb weight gain train.  

The best part of this pregnancy is that it seems to be going by super fast.  Last time all I had time to do was sit around and focus and agonize about baby decisions, but this time the little one's big brother has been keeping us pretty distracted.  

We get to find out if IT is a HE or a SHE on Monday, and I.can.not.wait.  Rudy thinks it is another little boy, and I think it is a little girl, but I also thought Rowen was a girl.  However, according to the Old wives, the fact that I have the acne of a 13 year old boy and it had a heart rate of 159 yesterday, both point to a girl.  When I asked my nurse practitioner if that heart rate was a girl or a boy, she knew what tale I spoke of, and answered girl with a high five.  Have I mentioned I love her?  And I think Rudy may be secretly hoping a girl since today he proclaimed he should get "an awesome push present" if its a girl. Either way we will be happy as long as it is healthy! 

I probably won't do these updates every week but I think it will be fun to be able to look back and see where we were throughout this journey! And I have to post a picture of my other children, J & L who helped take the picture today.  This is Lola's "I hope I remain the only girl child in the family face."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...