Saturday, July 7, 2012

~Half Way to Turkey Day~

On this past Thursday, I reached the halfway point in my pregnancy.  And since little brother is due on Thanksgiving, that means theres only 20 weeks left til the kick off of the holiday season.  Getting to this point seemed to happen sooo much faster this time.  I remember last time thinking I'm never going to get to 20 weeks.  But that is the curse of the second pregnancy I guess because I have someone else who occupies most of my time and is making this whole process seem like it is going faster.  And I know the second 20 weeks will be even quicker, and I have already been taking baby steps to get everything in order!

For this post I will do some of the normal 'pregnancy post' things to remember where I am at on this journey....

How Far Along....20 weeks!

Weight Gain....As of Thursday morning, I was 1.7lbs under my starting weight.  We are healthy, I'm eating better this time around (no double fisting Chick-Fil-a milkshakes) and I am doing four mile walks whenever possible throughout the week. And I drink water like a camel because it is so damn hot! One of my main goals for this pregnancy was to not gain a pound a week, and I'm glad I safely made it through the first half maintaining a healthy weight.  

Maternity Clothes....pretty much everything except for some dresses and shirts/tank tops.  

Movement.....I have been feeling him for about two weeks on the inside, which is way earlier than with Rowen.  And yesterday we got some of our first good kicks on the outside!

Cravings....Ice water with a splash of pink lemonade, it has become one of my summer staples!  I definitely feel like I have less room this time around, so smaller portions are a must.  If you asked Rudy what I crave he would probably say pizza!

Best Moments This Week....Yesterday when we were at the beach, all three of us were being lazy in bed before getting up, and little brother started to move.  Rudy got to feel him for the first time with big brother laying between us, and the whole moment made me a little weepy! We also got little brother's first Christmas ornament with his name on it, so I think we officially have a name!

What I'm Looking Forward To....On Monday we have our long anatomy ultrasound and I can't wait to see the little guy again!

And just for comparison, here I am pregnant at 20 weeks with both my boys (I'm really happy I remembered to take some iPhone photos of progress last time)....

I hope you all are having a great weekend and staying cool in this oppressive heat! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...