Monday, October 29, 2012

~Frankenstorm~

Since FEMA is telling us we should update our social media outlets, I guess I should update my blog.  I have a few things I 'need' to blog for the ol' memory book, and maybe this surprise day off will be the day I tackle those.

The last few weeks have been great.  We have spent lots of time playing with Rowen,  and enjoying these last few slow weeks. I don't think I would trade this time for anything. We have visited the zoo, and a pumpkin patch or two, all things I need to blog.  We have spent time throwing the ball to these two crazies, which Rowen loves....

We carved pumpkins, or rather Rudy carved pumpkins.  I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkins, the guts, or the smell, so I was responsible for printing out the templates for the designs.  Its a good thing he decided to carve them early since it remains to be seen if we will actually have a Halloween this year....


I think Rudy is pretty talented with his pumpkin carvings!

We have started listening to Christmas music, and I may have a video or two of Rowen that I need to upload.  Rudy was pretty excited to see that Macy's already had their Christmas trees up last week, and we are already busy making plans for our home decor.  Come November 1st the tree is going up and hopefully by the end of this coming weekend my house will look like Christmas threw up on it.  

Rowen got another hair cut, which will hopefully last us until Christmas.  I think he looks soo old with his hair shorter...


And his model face, I have no idea what he is doing but it was pretty funny to find this amongst the pictures of him....

On Friday my cousin, who was due the same day as me, gave birth to her sweet 8lb little girl.  While I would LOVE to have Mr. Finn make an arrival before Thanksgiving, right about now I'm pretty grateful that he is still sitting safely in my belly during this hurricane.  We are expected to be hit pretty hard, and the last thing I would want right now is to be in labor or just home with a newborn.  Plus I have grown pretty fond of the November birthstone in the last few months, so hold out for a few more days (but not too long) Mr. Finn.  

Slow days can be the best days, and I'm grateful today for another one! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...