Thursday, December 6, 2012

~20 and 3~

Today my boys are 20 months and 3 weeks old. I think its neat that it falls on the same day.  While sometimes it seems like Row is aging slowly (or slower than before) its hard to believe that last Christmas he was only eight months old.  And as with all newborns, Finn is aging incredibly fast.  I still can't believe that he has been with us for three weeks already, and am trying to not dwell on the fact that I only have two more months of maternity leave.  I had planned to take pictures of them today, but other circumstances took hold and thus all I have are iPhone pictures to mark the day with. 


You may notice big brother looks a little tired, and for good reason.  My usually (knock on wood) healthy toddler has been fighting a mean fever since Tuesday and today I took him to the doctor to discover that he has pneumonia.  What was supposed to be a relatively 'normal' week has turned into a sicky week, and it wasn't until Rowen's fever got down to 101 tonight that we started to see signs of our normal bubbly boy.  Hopefully this is a turn towards health and tomorrow we will be able to hang out fever free and wait for daddy to start the weekend.  


Last Friday when I picked Rowen up from school I was handed 'homework' and told to fill a puzzle piece with whatever we wanted to put on it, so I chose to go with the theme "Rowen's Favorite Things."  I think it turned out pretty cute and I incorporated things that he loves right now, including trains, his purple light up hippy (who currently lives outside my front door), all of his bedroom buddies, little blue truck, and his brother.  I also used mickey paper as my background since we are disney crazed in this house! This is my very first piece of child homework and I know there will be so many more in the years to come!

Is it appropriate to give your UPS man a gift? This has been on my mind this holiday season since I am doing the majority of my shopping online, and our beloved UPS man (he truly is the nicest man) visits us almost daily, and upon seeing Rowen the other day remarked how he remembers when he was born.  We don't know many people in this town, but our UPS man is one of the constants that makes this town feel like home.  So hopefully he wont mind, or find it inappropriate, if we give him a small token of our appreciation this holiday season.  

And last but not least, hopefully I will finish up Christmas shopping this weekend.  I have a slight complex when it comes to this job, and feel like I have to find life altering gifts, which isn't the case, and isn't expected by anyone I give gifts to.  But combine that feeling with being preoccupied with a newborn, and I feel rather off my game this year, despite having almost all of it done.  My goal is to online shop my way through almost everything tomorrow so hopefully we can enjoy our weekend and do some fun holiday esk activities!!

Random I know, but this is whats on my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...