Monday, December 31, 2012

Saying Goodbye to 2012

If I had to sum up the last year in one word, I would call it Magical. Now I'm not going to sit here and say the whole year was sunshine and rainbows, because lets be real there were days that weren't so pretty,  but on the whole, it was an amazing year.  Not only did we grow in size as a family, I believe we grew in so many aspects of our life--our marriage, our home, our patience, our hearts, our faith--the list could go on.

While  I thought about doing a recap of the year, I don't think I'm going to because I know there will be something that I forget to include.  I just want to remember the moments, like the day we found out we would be gifting Rowen with one of the most amazing things we as parents could give him, a brother, our dear sweet Finnegan, who doesn't yet know how much joy he has brought to our family.  Its moments like these, that made 2012 magical.  So here is a list, with not a whole lot of detail, of some of our moments of 2012:

-Finding out our family was growing
-Celebrating Rowen's first birthday
-Rowen taking off walking
-Taking Rowen to Disney
-Summertime swim days
-Seeing Joe graduate
-It's a boy!
-Rehoboth Beach
-The great raisin incident
-walks, walks, and more walks
-EAGLE
-Watching a dear friend marry her best friend
-Visiting the zoo
-Doing over two little boy rooms
-Day date
-Trips to the pumpkin patches
-carving pumpkins
-eating ribs
-Halloween
-A visit from grandpa and a first trip to the train store
-Seeing Flight
-Meeting Finnegan!
-Seeing my boy's meet and grandma meeting Finn
-Our first Thanksgiving as a family of four
-pneumonia and a three week (the worst week ever)
-Driving lights, Christmas trees, and a purple hippo
-First family road trip
-Finnegan's first New England Christmas

2012 was a glimpse of great years to come.  When my boys are teenagers, and hopefully best friends, I will remember these last few weeks of 2012 as their first few weeks together, the beginning of their bond as brothers.  

So Goodbye 2012, you have been great to the Rivera Family, and we will remember you fondly in the years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...