Wednesday, July 6, 2011

~Three Months Old~

Dear Rowen,

Today you are three  months old.  I think tonight you knew I had something I needed to do so you decided to stay up late (past nine) which is the latest you have stayed up in a while.  We think its about time to transition you out of swaddling, but your dad and I have yet to tackle that one, maybe this month.


I think you have changed more this month than in the past two.  Everyday I look at you and can't believe how big you have gotten, how much you have grown.  I often refer to you as a little old sweaty sticky man who drools all day.  We think you might be in the early stages of teething, but either way, you pretty much live in bibs theses days because of the drool.  And when you decide to make bubbles it is ten times worse.  You also have started sitting with your hands folded all the time, as if you are contemplating hard decisions, it just adds to your old man persona!  




This month you had your two month appt.  You were in the 75% for both your height and weight at almost 13 lbs 6 oz and 24 inches.  We thought you were going to scream your head off when you got the shots but you got over it pretty quickly.  That seems to be how you react to most things, at first you can be highly dramatic but it is over in an instance.  You still sleep through the night, although you haven't figured out the sleeping in on weekends concept, which I don't mind.  As far as eating, you eat every four to five hours and usually finish off eight ounces.  The misses at daycare couldn't believe this was your schedule but I think they are getting used to in and enjoy not having to feed you every two hours.  You are still wearing a size one diaper (until this last box runs out) and are wearing mostly 3-6 months clothing.  Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to how fast you were growing and there were some things you never even wore!


This month you started daycare, which I think was harder on me than you.  You seem to like it there and we are getting a hang of the routine.  Right now your dad wakes you up and takes you and I pick you up in the afternoon.  You are a very happy baby when you wake up, all giggles and smiles.  When we get home, its usually a two hour nap for you (and sometimes me too :) ).  


A few firsts this month:  swimming in a pool, 4th of July, bubbles, riding in your cowmooflauge, laughing out loud, and drooling excessively!




Sometimes I already feel like you aren't a baby anymore, you simply are growing up too fast!  Happy three months my dear chicken little, ham, meatloaf (courtesy of the misses), rowie bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...