Sunday, July 31, 2011

~You Are My Sunshine~

Tonight something different happened in our house (which I hope doesn't happen too often).  Rowen simply didn't want to go sleep...he cried in his crib, chatted in his crib, came out of his crib, back in, etc... and nothing seemed to work.  Finally I gave in and sat down and rocked him to sleep, something I haven't really done since those nights some many weeks ago when we were still having middle of the night feedings.  I shudder to think about those again, but I sure did love rocking him again.  

Since my singing voice tends to make dogs howl, I usually use a playlist to mask my singing when rocking Rowen, tonight was no different.  One of the songs on the playlist is You Are My Sunshine, one of the few songs I will sing to Rowen sometimes when we are playing.  I LOVE this song,  and I have two very distinct memories of it from my childhood, one a man singing it on a train to the Grand Canyon when I was around  3-4ish, and two singing it with my grandparents, it was one of our songs we sang in the car when I went to visit them.

The song came on tonight, and I simply lost it.  Bawled like a baby.  I love that there are so many little things like this song that are so simple that I am passing on to Rowen in bits and pieces.  Obviously there are years to come of passing on, but for right now I'm happy to just pass on a sweet song.  

I sure do love this sweet little boy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...