Friday, November 25, 2011

~A Little Black Friday Perspective~

This year, like many other things, Black Friday was different.  Last year as I bustled Rudy out of the house at 4am to join the madness he reminded me to enjoy Black Friday, because it was the last time I would be doing it for a long time.  And while a little part of my shopping loving heart cried last year, when it came time this year to go through the adds and decide my plan of attack, I didn't care.  It didn't matter.  Life is different, and racing out at four in the morning, or even midnight as many of the stores opened then, didn't seem like the thing I wanted to do.  Rudy and I debated getting up super early and heading out, but when that alarm went off at 530 this morning, we simply turned it off and went back to sleep.

When we did wake up, at 730, we got up, got dressed, and headed out to see a little of the madness.  Maybe its me, but it seemed like a lot of the 'sales' this year were just hype.  We walked around, browsed the stores, and were in and out pretty quick.  To stay in the Black Friday spirit, we did pick up these lovely ladies who will be joining our home on Sunday.  They were part of a non Black Friday sale and I hope they are ready to get to work!

This year we had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have so much to be thankful for.  While our families are far away, we joined some of our closest friends, who are like family, for their Thanksgiving and I'm so grateful they asked us to join them, we had a wonderful time.  Its hard to believe that the last picture taken of this group....

was taken when Rowen was a little over a week old...

Thankfully I don't think we look as tired anymore, but I can't believe how quickly the last almost eight months have gone by.  2011 has truly been an amazing year, and I am so thankful for every moment of it!!

I hope you all are enjoying this time with your families and had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...