Wednesday, November 2, 2011

~Midweek Madness~

I've been away for a little bit, but thats what happens when a super busy weekend creeps up on you, followed by a fall down on the couch kind of cold, and then an awesome little family weekend.  While my computer was rarely far away from me, it was nice to step back for a few days and just soak up these little times in our life.


~ Yesterday was Rowen's first Halloween.  Initially I had planned for him to wear a Winnie the Pooh onesie with cute little ears.  And then the mommy guilt set in when I realized they were having a parade at daycare on Monday and it would be too cold for little man to simply wear a onesie.  I made the decision that he would wear a set of pirate pajamas as his costume for daycare which I still think looked pretty cute!


Saturday I set out in the crazy weather in search of a costume, and came home with two, half off, from Costco.  One was a dragon and one was a chicken, which I thought was most appropriate since his nickname is Chicken Little.  I decided to spice things up a little and added some feathers for embellishment, which I really think made the costume!



The little Chicken got tuckered out pretty early in the evening so he spent most of our time like this...

~Have you been on Shutterfly lately?  I got an email yesterday for a Halloween sale and they have some really cute gift ideas including new mugs, calendars, and magnets (all would make great gifts for grandparents).  I didn't purchase just yet but I'm sure they will be having more sales as we continue to get closer to the holidays!

~Speaking of holidays, hello November!  Every year I can't wait to get past Halloween because it means we are that much closer to Christmas! While tradition dictates waiting until after Thanksgiving to decorate, I think after Veteran's Day sounds a little better.  Back when I was a single lady living in Charleston I set my Christmas tree up this weekend and made each little Tiffany Box ornament by hand.  That tree may or may not of stayed up in my living room for three more months!

~The topic of a mini vacation is being discussed yet again.  I think the mister and I just want to get away from the city for a few days.  One of my stipulations is no technology, just us as a family.  One of the places we are thinking of going may look like this....

~I hope you all are having a wonderful week and soaking up these last few weeks of fabulous fall weather!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...