Thursday, November 3, 2011

~Momma's Boy~

Lately my sweet little boy is in love with me.  He has become a momma's boy.  The other day when I dropped him off at daycare and he saw me about to leave, his little lip started to curl.  Thankfully the misses are well experienced with babies and they knew how to quickly distract him.  At home, if I walk out of the room, he follows me with his eyes and usually starts his little whimper.  Sometimes, even when his dad is holding him (who he adores and can't stop smiling at) he attempts to reach his little arms out at me for a snuggle.  

While this may not be the most desired behavior, I love that he loves me, and chooses me.  Despite the fact that I work ten hours a day and usually am gone before he wakes, I'm still the one that he wants to hold him and love on him.  One of my biggest fears about being a working mom was that one day I would go to pick Rowen up from daycare and he would choose them over me.  But just like we play an important part in his life, so do they.  Every morning when Rudy drops him off, Rowen is happy to see them.  And every afternoon when I pick him up, he knows its time to go home.  

Don't get me wrong, he loves Rudy too, but its different, they are buddies.  Even now they laugh at each other in their own father son language that I don't understand.

He may not always be a baby, but he will always be my baby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...