Friday, September 21, 2012

~Tidbits~

This week we have finally seen small glimpses of the cooler weather coming our way, and I am happy to not be sweltering every time I step out the door.  

~While I have had a few challenges dressing Rowen (its cool in the morning, but around 80 by noon) he did get to get back into jeans for the first time this season on Wednesday.  
While I had assumed he would be wearing a bigger size this fall, to my surprise his spring jeans still fit him pretty well!


~ On Wednesday we had a 'Date Day'.  Rudy said lets not put labels on these things, but basically we both took the day off, slept in until Rowen woke up, and then took him to school for the day so we could spend the day together.  While I have a few people who would gladly babysit, this is the first time we have done this and it was pretty fun. 

We started the day with Starbucks...

And then headed to an empty Ikea...and came out with more than we planned to...

While we had planned to see a movie, there really weren't any early matinees of anything we wanted to see, so we headed to a local mall and walked around for a bit.  Before heading to pick up Rowen again, we went to our beloved Joe's Crab Shack for a quiet and slow lunch...


~One of our Ikea purchases was a bookshelf for Rowen.  As we already know, my DIY skills are rather lacking, and I would rather take a piece of furniture and just change it up a bit.  We picked up 'lockers' for Rowen's room, but simply left the doors off, and I absolutely love them!
I think we have enough books for now!

~ This week we also got  a little special something in the mail.  Initially we had planned for baby brother to wear the same outfit coming home from the hospital as Rowen had.  Problem is we had wrongly been told that Rowen would be rather large so his coming home outfit sort of swam on him.  After some discussion, we decided baby brother should have his own outfit.  Rowen's outfit was puppy dogs (to go with all of his dogs in his first room)...

And baby brother's outfit will be alligators (to go with his room)...
That little package was one step closer to D-Day!


Rudy is about to make some stovetop pop corn which I have become rather obsessed with so with that I am signing off! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...