Friday, August 3, 2012

~Mexican Harry Potter~

He may not go to Hogwarts, or be able to cast spells.  Or ride on a broom.  But he is going to have a pretty cute little scar on his forehead.  

Yesterday at around 830 in the morning I got a phone call saying we needed to pick up Rowen.  Apparently Rowen fought a toddler chair and lost.  Or is just a klutz like his mother and tripped and hit his head perfectly on a chair, creating a nice big and deep gash on his forehead.  When I arrived he was safely being cuddled by his favorite teacher, with all the teachers worried about their Row Row.  Have I mentioned my child is like the Ferris Bueller of his daycare? Hopefully they like his brother just as much or he may develop a complex seeing how much love his older brother is showered with.  

Shortly thereafter we arrived at Urgent Care to get this battle wound checked out.  Part of me thought that if it had happened on his leg I might of just taped it together and let him enjoy the glory of a scar as only little boys can.  But then I thought about a few flaws in this line of thinking:

 1. He will never remember acquiring this scar so I would have to tell him the story.
 2.  While it looks big now, it probably will be an itty bitty scar by the time he is old enough to enjoy the scar glory.
3. It isn't a cool story, like 'I got this scar sliding into third base' but rather ' I got this scar when I tripped over my own feet when I was a year old'.  

After waiting for what seemed like forever, and trying to keep Rowen's head from bleeding, the doctor arrived and decided he needed four stitches to close his wound.  With the assistance of a nursing student, he and I diligently held Rowen down while the doctor worked her magic.  He screamed his head off, and in an attempt to make eye contact with him, I inadvertently caught a glimpse of the doctor sticking her little hook into my sweet little boy's forehead.  At that point I quickly sat down and looked at the table of pap smear parts that was left in our room (tmi?) for the duration of the procedure.  

Little Rowen was a champ and aside from taking his bandaid off every five minutes he doesn't seem to mind having the stitches.  One week and his head should be back to normal.  While this was my first emergency room trip with one of my boys, I know this will not be my last.  Just one of the joys of being a boy mom.  

1 comment:

  1. Poor Rowen. I'm waiting for our first trip any day now...boys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...