Tuesday, August 28, 2012

~Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Life for Me~

We are currently in the full swing of operation "switch rooms + redo two rooms" around here.  With Rowen's baby room, I felt like I had left a lot to be desired.  While it was soft, and I liked it, I don't think I put in as much effort as I should. Whether thats the result of Pinterest ruining things, or just my general opinion, I can't be entirely sure.  Be that as it may, when we found out we were expecting a second boy, I was determined to make the most of Rowen's toddler room that will eventually transition into the Brothers' room once little brother grows up a bit.  

Rowen transitioned easily to the toddler bed, and since we are changing rooms, we figured it would be easiest to keep him in the bed he is comfortable with, so his current nursery furniture will be going with him.  But down the line, this room will get new furniture, and the concept is going to generally stay the same, so I wanted to make sure it was something Rowen could grow with, but wouldn't be too big for little brother.  

For as long as I have known him, Rudy has had a thing for pirates.  It could be pirate mickey mouse and he is over the moon.  So when we started talking about Rowen's big kid room, we quickly decided that the theme throughout would be pirates.  

Now trying to find pirates that weren't tacky, scary, or over the top has been a challenge. While we want pirates to be the theme throughout, I don't want the room to look like pirates threw up all over the place.  A balance, I must find a balance.  Thank god for places like Etsy, and Spoon Flower which have helped immensely in this department.  



This is my inspiration.  Slowly but surely, all of the ideas I have for this room are coming together.  The top right is the fabric I am using for the quilt, as well as the red dots.  All of the golden retrievers in Rowen's current room may end up with red dot bandanas before I am done with them.  The name sign I had initially selected for the new nursery, but we have since decided to get one for both boys.  The other three pictures are some of the prints that will be featured on his walls infused with wall hangings from his current nursery.   

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to have both Rowen's room and the baby's room finished by October 1st.  I've taken my time on this project, and tried my hardest to be patient, which I hope will pay off in the long run.  I look forward to sharing the finished product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...