Friday, August 10, 2012

~Tid Bits~

I am home today, and it has been kind of an odd week, as in I have spent way too much time watching the olympics, and lots of time indoors avoiding the excessive heat.  It was nice to wake up this morning to a downpour, but I'm not looking forward to the after rain excessive humidity that is sure to be here this afternoon. And while it has been a relatively lazy week of summer (isn't all of August that way?) I do have a few things to mention:

~ On Tuesday afternoon we took Rowen to get his stitches out.  A quick, painless, two minute procedure, which was thankfully much easier than him getting the stitches.  After the doctor's visit, we decided it was time to cut his unruly locks, for the fourth time I might add.  I know that if I ever have a girl she will end up being bald until she is two given the hair my boy child has.  We usually take him to a salon in the mall, but they had a two hour wait so we ended up at the JC Penny salon, which in case you didn't know is doing free haircuts for school aged children for the month of August.  Rowen got a great haircut, but it is definitely a little shorter than I would normally like to keep his hair.  Mainly because it makes him look like he is three years old and not 16 months old. 
post haircut and stitches removal

~ Remember when I said we thought we had decided on a name? Well after a month of using it, accidentally calling the dog and Rowen it, and trying to get used to it, I have decided that this name is simply not meant to be.  It is just too close to Rowen, and I can't imagine BR2 as it.  While this doesn't exactly excite Rudy, it wasn't his #1 name so he is ok with letting it go.  On a similar note, Parade Magazine last week announced the top ten boy and girl names of 2012 so far....

Girls

1. Emma 2. Olivia 3. Sophia 4. Ava 5. Isabella 6. Ella 7. Mia 8. Emily 9. Chloe 10. Lily 


Boys

1. Liam 2. Mason 3. Ethan 4. Noah 5. Jacob 6. Jack 7. Aiden 8. Logan 9. Jackson 10. Lucas 


None of my names are on this list, but I found it interesting that the twilight names are finally losing their reign. 

~Right now, and for the past week, I have been burning a new candle combination that I am in love with.

Beach Party + Raspberry Lime = Heavenly.  I found the Raspberry Lime to be a little overwhelming on its own and adding the more muted Beach Party seems to lessen the sweet strength just a bit.  Now if only Yankee Candle would bottle this combination so I don't have to buy two candles every time I burn the combo out!

We don't have any big plans for the weekend, other than hopefully watching the Mexican national soccer team win gold at the Olympics.  They are the only non American team we cheer for, and since the US men's team didn't even qualify for the Olympics I think its justified to have an alternative to support.  I still need to blog about last weekend when we decided to take Rowen to the aquarium, and he was not exactly happy about it.  Combined with the beach the current score in the Rivera household is: Rowen : 2  Mom and Dad : 0.  Although we are thinking of tackling the beach again in late September when it isn't oppressively hot.  Hopefully the weekend brings a break from the heat, but we shall see....


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...