Wednesday, August 29, 2012

~Rowen Right Now~

Dear Rowen,

Time for another post about you.  Your personality changes so fast right now, and I want to make sure I write down all of your little funny quirks before I forget them.  Here goes:

1. You love green beans and blueberries, and will even eat beets.  You dislike cheese.  On some days I wonder if you are my child, but you eat an amazing variety of food and hopefully this will continue as you grow.

2. You love to help feed the dogs.  After dinner I will tell you its time to feed the dog and you come and fetch the two bowls and carry them to the dog food.  You love Jack and Lola, and they love you too.  They have been very tolerant of the hours spent with you jumping and lunging on them.

3. You are a child of routine.  After dinner we play for a bit, take a bath, put on pjs, brush your teeth, read your books, and put you to bed.  While we have tried to read you a variety of books, you only want to read two books, Little Blue Truck and Its Time to Sleep My Love.  Same books, every night.  After we finish reading you happily hop off the couch and run down the hall to your room and climb into bed.  Usually you are tired, but you get so excited about going to bed that it winds you up a bit and you end up babbling for a bit before you fall to sleep.

4.  We are brainwashing you into loving Disney characters, and first on the list is Mickey.  Your favorite song is the Hot Dog song from Mickey's Clubhouse, and whenever it comes on you start to dance.  We try to listen to it in the morning right before I drop you off for the day.

5. You can not keep your shoes on.  It is a guarantee that if we put you in the car with two shoes on, when we go to get you out, you will only have one shoe on.  You think wearing shoes is a game.

6.  You would rather blow a kiss over waving good bye.  This has resulted in many trips down the hall of your school with you blowing kisses to all of the misses you see. And they love it.  I think we may have a flirt on our hands.

7.  You are starting to talk, which I discussed here.

8.  Every time I go to the bathroom you think its time to brush your teeth, and if I don't let you in you whine at the door.

9.  You love dump trucks.  One of the main characters in Little Blue Truck is a dump truck and that may be your favorite part of the book.  We picked you up your own yellow dump truck just the other day, and right now it is definitely your favorite toy.

10.  You have slept out of your crib for almost two months at this point.  We didn't have the toddler rail for your bed, but you have only fallen out once (onto soft pillows).  And because you take your nap on a cot a school, you know not to get out of bed until we come get you.  On the very rare occasions that you have decided to be bold, you always quickly scurry back onto your bed like we didn't see you get out.

When I look at pictures of you, its amazing how much you change just between weeks.  Your daddy and I love how much of a big boy you are coming, but we still miss our little baby some times.  You are the sweetest happiest little guy I have ever met (yes I'm biased, I'm your mother I'm supposed to be) and we are so happy and proud to be your parents.  Love you Row Row.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...