Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Little By Little the Last Week in Charleston

The last couple of days have been kind of a whirlwind, as we try to get all the loose ends tied up in Charleston in preparation for moving north!! But on the other hand we are sad to be leaving Charleston.  One of the biggest challenges thus far as been setting up our move.  Our organization has a moving system, but with it being transfer season it is exceptionally difficult to navigate.  After a week and and a half of practically stalking the moving people we have the move from the Charleston house set up for the 28th and 29th and the move from the Columbia house for the 30th! It is a relief to finally have that piece of the puzzle figured out!

On Monday we decided on couches.  After a long battle of going to multiple furniture stores ( at one the women recognized me from my three previous visits) we decided to go with a leather couch and loveseat for the family room.  My initial inclination had been to get a sectional for that room, but man friend and I fell in love with these couches and thankfully they will be delivered this Friday in time for our move!
After the couch expedition, I dragged Rudy to Homegoods to look for some home decor and I came across this delightful rooster that will I think go very well in the new kitchen...
The kitchen is kind of dark so I think I am going to use the reds that we already have in the house we live in now and try to use them.

For Tuesday I will put the bad to the bone puppies, aka Jack and Lola.  Of late they have insisted on acting out, particularly they enjoy shredding magazines into a million pieces, and Jack-O has developed an interest in track and field, and has begun high jumping over the fence anytime he is left in the yard.  Thankfully the new house has high fences so I can't wait to see him try to get over that one!
Jack, Hes too cool for school...
Lola, trying to look out the corner of her eye for her next magazine of choice...

Today I took man friend to the USS Yorktown which is parked at Patriots Point in Mount Pleasant.  The retired WWII Ship is home to the national Medal of Honor Museum, which we were really excited to see.  I had previously seen it when my dad came to visit in July of 2008.
A view of my favorite bridge from the pier...
and our best attempt at a self portrait from the flight deck.

Tonight we went out to dinner with Casey to Reds, which is a great surf and turf restaurant on Shem Creek.  Casey was really excited to go so he could ride his motorcycle.  We have previously been there a  lot because it is one of the dog friendly restaurants in Charleston, and Jack made appearances often when he was a puppy.  The food was great and it had finally cooled down as a storm passed through this afternoon.
Sorry for the blur, I turned the flash off..
Casey's Motorcycle sitting outside (I thought it was a good pic with the flag in the background)

And now man friend and I are watching one of our favorite shows, or rather my favorite shows that he willingly suffers through with me.  I'm very happy that Toddlers and Tiaras has a new summer season.

Hope everyone is having a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...