Monday, June 14, 2010

Me, My Big Empty House, and My Cupcakes

Today Has been the first truly empty house day in our Mount Pleasant Home.  I moved into this house this time last year with   Laura Beth's (one of my best friend's from college and one of my bridesmaids) sister Tara and Mary, who graduated a year ahead of me and is stationed on our sister ship.  The house has always been vibrant and full of people, having gone to such a small school you always know people who come and go into Charleston and we always seemed to have someone who was passing through staying at our house.  But that was the past year, and isn't today.  Today Tara has moved back to Virginia, and is happily planning her life and wedding with her fiancee Zak.  Mary has moved out because as I've mentioned on here I am moving, and Mary's ship is supposed to get underway at some point this week so she is living onboard.  So that just leaves me and this big old house.  Man friend is in Columbia, and has kept the puppies this week as it is his last week in Columbia ( I can't really complain since I am super excited about that fact) but I certainly wish there was someone with me in this house.  Its just me and my glass of white zin.


Today I had to go get my tires checked because I was losing pressure in two of them a little too often for comfort.  Well it turns out that not one but both of the tires had nails in them.  Unbelievable if you live anywhere other than Charleston.  While I love many things about Charleston, the one thing I do dislike are the roads in Charleston.  They are absolutely horrible.  If you aren't running over nails you are getting rocks in your windshield.  Just a little vent and all is well now that my tires are fixed.


This evening I decided to make cupcakes after we had had a discussion today at work about cupcakes.  While you would think I would use this little handy cupcake book to pick a cupcake....
instead I went with the age old fun traditional funfetti, which everyone loves.


And I think they turned out ok...


Pink and Green...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...