Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend Fun

Although I had duty yesterday, we still managed to have a pretty good weekend!  On Friday night we got together with some of our Charleston Friends as this will probably be the last weekend we have the opportunity to hang out and have fun before we leave.  I'm sure next weekend will be consumed with cleaning and getting ready to leave!

For dinner we went out Yamato, one of our favorite Hibachis in Mount Pleasant.  Mary and I love it so much that we sometimes call and order take out from there and just skip the whole experience.  Everyone except myself, Mary and Man friend had never been there before so it was a good time for all!
Mary and I at the house for the last time as roomies!
Rudy, Tyler, and Liam enjoying a drink before dinner
Annette and Wes, and him being silly....
Me and Man Friend

Today when I got home from duty, we took the pups to the James Island Dog park to meet up with my friend Reanna and her dog Chance.
Chance headed for the Water....

 One of the great features about Charleston is the park system.  In each section of the town there is a different park with its own unique features.  The James Island dog park is especially fun because it has a pond for the dogs to swim in.  Now unlike most golden retrievers, my pups hate the water, but shockingly Jack actually enjoyed the water today, he still refuses to swim but he was pretty happy wading in the water.
Jack Prancing in the Park
Rudy teaching Lola how to swim!
Carrying Jack into the water!
My two playful pups

While we were coming home from the park I saw a sight I never thought I would see, Mary's ship, GALLATIN, finally getting underway.  GALLATIN is the sister ship to my ship, and has been plagued with many of the age issues that the entire class has experienced.  They haven't left Charleston since returning home in July of 2008 and today I watched as they passed under the Ravenel Bridge on their way to sea.  I made Rudy stop at the waterfront park so I could snap these quick pics!

The afternoon was spent continuing the search for a couch.  Our new family room is really light and open so I wanted to stick to a nautical/americana theme in the room, but I have yet to find a couch that I like yet.  We found a few more furniture stores that we will probably check out tomorrow as they weren't open today, and hopefully we will find something we like, or rather I will find something I like as Rudy seems to like every couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...