Sunday, January 22, 2012

~Lazy Weekend~

We had one of the most perfect weekends for the simple reason that we did nothing at all.  I had seen reports on Friday that we were in for some nasty weather, possibly snow, but more likely freezing rain, so I figured we would be hunkered in the house at least through Saturday.

On Friday night we gave Rowen his first plate of spaghetti and meatballs.  To say he loved it would be an understatement.  The entire time he was all business and no smiles, and thoroughly enjoyed himself!


For some reason I always imagined I would have blue eyed children so when I see pictures like these of big brown eyes I am blown away!  I may be biased, but I sure do love brown eyed boys now!


When we woke up Saturday we had gray skies and icy conditions.  I went to college in Connecticut and was very used to the 'dark ages' of winter, and this entire weekend reminded me of those long months.  So instead of venturing out, we stayed home.  I did make one quick run to Target for brown sugar, but I was in and out and was very proud of myself!  And while we did nothing out of the ordinary, it was perfect, relaxing, and a great two days of sweet family time!

When it looks like this outside...

what better way to get the warm and fuzzies than to make cookies...

We spent a lot of time watching this sweet little guy play...

And I just had to show a few of these pictures I snapped of Jack. Jack had to of been a human before because he loves to watch tv, Skypes with his grandma, and makes faces like this...

And finally he was embarrassed by all of the attention!

Tonight while I was rocking Rowen before bedtime, this song, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, came on and I got 'emotional'.  When I was pregnant with him we used to play Pandora for him and whenever this song came on he used to dance like crazy.  It is one of my favorites, and it is such a happy song so I thought I would share!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...