Thursday, January 19, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things: Charleston

While I had never been there before moving there for work, I grew to love everything about Charleston, South Carolina.  Right now we are thinking about taking a spring trip, and I hope down the line it becomes one of our 'normal' vacation destinations so that our children can grow to love the city as much as we do.  Since I haven't done a 'These are a few of my favorite things' posts in a while I thought I would go ahead and put together a few of my favorite things about Charleston: 

1. King Street.  Whether you go down there to shop, stroll, or eat, King Street has it all!  One of my favorite things to do used to be strolling down King Street on the weekends, usually stopping into my favorite pizza place Mellow Mushroom for some delicious lunch!

2.  Isle Of Palms Beach.  The best part of Charleston is that you get the best of both the city and the beach.  Isle of Palms beach is a perfect family beach with great waves and plenty of white sand to enjoy.  I can't wait to take Rowen there one day and let him dig his little toes in the sand! 

3.  Charleston Park System.  Its a little known fact that Charleston has a very intricate park system with beautiful trails, dog parks, and even a few of them have water parks.  The best part is that it only costs a dollar to get in and you can stay all day if you like!

4. Charleston City Market.  Just a few blocks down from King Street is the Charleston City Market.  Filled to the brim with local vendors, you can find wonderful gifts, souvenirs, or trinkets for yourself.  It makes for a great stroll and is conveniently located near some of the best restaurants in the town.  

5. The Ravenel Bridge.  Every time I see a picture of the Ravenel Bridge, I think of Charleston.  For me it is the symbol I most associate with Charleston and next time we go down we will be adding a framed picture of it to our home!

Don't these pretty pictures just make you want to get up and go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...