Wednesday, January 18, 2012

~Midweek Randoms~

Greetings!

I'm writing from my half decorated living room while watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  I looove this movie and every time its on I get sucked in.

~Today while going through the Chick Fil A drive thru I had an epiphany.  I am old.  Not by the conventional standards, but the fact that I'm not the same age as the teenagers working in the drive thru made me realize that I'm not 17 anymore.  I still feel like it was yesterday that I was sitting at my parents kitchen table doing my calculus homework.  

~This week another little piece joined my camera collection, and I caught this shot of Rowen.  I like to think of Rowen as the cautious walker.  He hasn't started walking quite yet, but all day long he climbs up and down on things, carefully making sure he doesn't fall.  

~ Last week I found out a little secret that one of my friends is expecting a baby this fall!  While I won't sell her out just yet since she hasn't announced it, I did want to share a little gift basket I put together for her!

I picked up the basket at Target and filled it with Ginger Ale, Prenatal Vitamins, Tums Smoothies, Palmer's Lotion, Swedish Fish, a belly band, and a copy of Fit Pregnancy.  Just a few things to get her started on this new exciting journey!!

~To party or not party, that is the question.  We have been debating Mr. Rowen's first birthday over here in the Rivera Household.  While we would love to have a big party celebrating our sweet little guy's birth, we have so few family and friends here that it doesn't seem like it is worth all of the work/effort.  On the other hand I feel like I am in some way cheating Rowen if I don't have a party for him.  We would love for our families and close friends to be able to join us, but with Rowen's birthday falling on a holiday weekend, that becomes even more of a hassle.  One idea that we are throwing around is taking a little trip to Charleston just the three of us to celebrate.  Part of my thinks this is selfish, but the other part really likes this idea and the thought of spending the whole trip together.  

Thats all I have for now, I hope you all enjoying the short week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...