Tuesday, January 24, 2012

~What We've Been Watching~

Rudy and I used to have a few shows that we watched religiously, but now that we wake up around 4am the 'normal' great show times are usually when we are winding down and getting ready for bed.  We have tried the DVR, but as we found with Sons of Anarchy, we end up forgetting shows are on our DVR, and by the time we decide to watch them half the season has been deleted.  In the past week we have watched a few movies, and a great show so I thought I would share!

On Monday night, we got take out Hibachi and sat down to watch The Help.  After having watched the Golden Globes, Rudy was determined to see what all the hype was about, and I actually think he thoroughly enjoyed it!  My favorite thing about this movie is that it for the most part closely follows the book, which makes it seem more like the book coming to life than just a separate story.  

On Friday night we sat down for a 'man' movie and watched Moneyball.  We thought it was another great movie!  I don't know what it is about Brad Pitt, but I wonder if its in all of his contracts that he has to eat in every movie.  Just like Ocean's Eleven, he is eating the entire movie!  I highly recommend watching the movie in conjunction with surfing Wikipedia so you can keep the dates/facts straight since one of the main players in the 'real' story chose not to let his actually name be included.  

On Wednesday night I started watching Homeland by myself on demand.  While I only watched two episodes that night, I was instantly hooked and spend the majority of Rowen's weekend nap times finishing the season.  This kills me, because I get hooked on a show, slightly obsessed, have to finish the season and find out what happens, and then have to wait for the next season.  Le sigh, such a tragedy.  If you like suspense (which I don't) or you like Claire Danes (which I do), this is a great show!    Some parts about the whole intelligence community/political structure are a little far fetched, but the internal battle of Brody to love his family vs. be a terrorist is fascinating.  Rudy wasn't completely sold on the show, but he did watch the last two episodes with me and asked when the next season starts so maybe that is a good sign!

If you haven't seen any of these three I highly recommend them!  What have y'all been watching, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...