Saturday, June 16, 2012

~A Boy on the Barque~

Today we got up bright an early and made our way to Baltimore's Star Spangled Sailabration! One tall ship in particular that I wanted to see was the Coast Guard's Barque EAGLE.  
When I was a sophomore in college I sailed to Europe on the EAGLE.  While it was often rigorous work, I look back on it fondly, and I met many of my best friends onboard.  Today they were having tours for the Coast Guard family so we took advantage of them, and I'm glad I did!
One thing I wanted most to do was get pictures of Rowen onboard.  While I won't be pushing him to choose the same path that I did, if he does decide to go to the Academy, I wanted to have these pictures for one day when he grows up and leaves on his cadet summer cruise.  I realize that may be a pipe dream, but at least I got some cute pictures out of the process! 

One day he may learn to sail right here!
 
It was an absolutely gorgeous day in Baltimore, and we discovered an area we will definitely be back to explore once the summer crowds have died down.  I hope you all are having a wonderful, relaxing weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...