Tuesday, June 19, 2012

~Rowen Right Now~

Dear Rowen,

I wanted to take a few minutes and write down some of the little things that you do right now that make Daddy and I love you oh so much.  While I should probably be putting these in your baby book, we need to be honest about that project, which is still sitting on the shelf in your room in the pretty box it came in.  This theme of Mommy having 'unfinished projects' will probably be one you see for the rest of your life.

Moving on, here are a few things about you right now.  I will try to do these types of updates as I think of them:

~ On June 5th you moved up to the one year old class, and there has been no looking back.  You love your new class, the new teachers, the new experiences (like going outside to play everyday), and the transition has gone far smoother than we expected.  You do get a little sad when you see your old teachers, but it is a fleeting emotion, and you have pretty much stopped getting upset in the mornings when we drop you off.  You also now take naps at school, so when you are home with us, you are much happier in the afternoons before bed time. 

~ You have become the biggest hugger in the last few weeks, and we love it! Sometimes it is a quick squeeze around the legs, or the arms around our necks when we pick you up, but you are bursting with affection these days!

~ We have discovered that you might be telling us more than we thought!  Usually when I give you food you babble, mom-ma-ma, and I figured you were just associating food with that title.  Until the other day when your dad was feeding you and you started, da-da-da.  So I think you know who we are!  You are also doing great with your signs, and if we don't give you food fast enough you furiously sign 'more, more, more'.

~I think it is safe to say your favorite summer food is Watermelon! You love watermelon, and can't get enough of it.  Yesterday I was able to capture you eating it, and I promise this shirt was clean before you starting eating it.  We are so happy you are an easy eater!

~ And in talking about you talking, I would be remise if I didn't mention how you say 'hello'.  When we tell you to say hello, you put your hand up to your ear and start babbling like you are on the phone. We rarely talk on the phone when we aren't on speaker phone so we don't know where you picked this up, but it is the funniest thing to see you 'talk' on your hand!

~You have always had a love of books, but lately you have been very aggressive in your reading, especially with your Dad.  When we are with you in the living room, you like to go get books for him, and demand he pick you up to read.  When he tries to finish the books, you either go get him another one or make him start over.  We have had to resort to hiding some of the more boring books behind the couch just so you can't find them!

~Lastly, you have developed an intense desire to be outside.  While you haven't yet mastered the front step out of the door, as soon as you set foot on the sidewalk you take off!  And any time I so much as pick up a bag, or something off the kitchen table, you think its time to be on the move, and grab my hand and take me to the front door.  This trick has ended in a few tears when you realize I won't open the door for you!

These are only a few of the adorable things you are doing these days, and you are changing so much!  Everyday I look at you and see less and less of a baby and more of a little boy! Nevertheless, you will always be my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...