Thursday, June 21, 2012

~Midweek Madness~

~The dog days of summer have arrived in DC.  The thermometer in my car told me that it was 107 degrees outside, but it was really only 98.  That didn't mean I didn't feel like I was breaking out in a sweat walking the 50 feet between my car and my front door. 

 Days of exhausting heat always make me think of the classic movie "The Long Hot Summer."  It happens to be one of my favorite movies, and  I just wish that one time as a reward for enduring this heat I would get a shirtless Paul Newman walking around my front yard just like Claire did in the movie.....


~ My reward for having a clean house, a bathed and in bed baby, and sleeping dogs by 745pm? Silence. And this...

The mister is off on a work adventure in Wisconsin until Friday, so once I have everything set up for tomorrow I can just sit back and relax with the new copy of Better Homes and Gardens that I picked up at Target today.  Its funny that as I child I found this magazine rather boring when my mother used to get and now I pick it up every time I see a new one in the store.

I also got the pretty pink candle while at Target...
And it is making my kitchen smell like a carnival!! Amazing!

~Rowen still hollered like crazy when I took him out of daycare aka 'Fun Town' today, but other than that he was my sweet angel boy all afternoon.  The sweltering heat made me think all the hair on his head must be pretty hot so I took him to the mall and cropped his locks just a bit!
And he thoroughly enjoyed his grill cheese dinner as evident in this picture!

~I may not of been crazy about brown eyes when I met my husband, and I wasn't entirely sold on them when Rowen was born, but pictures like this sure make me hope that little brother has big brown eyes too...


Hope you all are having a great week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...