Thursday, June 7, 2012

~California Raisins~

I like to attribute my dislike of raisins to these gentlemen...

The California Raisins.  I distinctly remember the commercials from my childhood and being creeped out by the singing and dancing raisins.  And now in adulthood, every time I see a little box of raisins, I think of these claymations grooving to the oldies.  

While I dislike raisins, a certain little boy that I love does not. In fact, Rowen loooves raisins.   When ever we set him in his chair and get out one of those little red boxes, the sheer joy on his face is infectious!  He carefully and diligently picks each of the raisins up in the beloved finger pinch grip so characteristic of toddlers, and is content to sit and munch as long as we keep the raisins coming!  

Raisins have become one of go to snacks in the afternoon while Rudy and I prepare dinner.  They keep Rowen entertained, work on his dexterity, and are nutritious as well.  And thankfully, they don't sing! 

This afternoon I realized I haven't taken many pictures of him lately so I thought snack time might be the perfect time to catch him not on the move.  I do have to warn you though, he has gotten so old, in fact, he looks too old to still be my baby.  These little grins melt my heart....






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...