Wednesday, February 29, 2012

~Coast Guard Crash~

It isn't often I speak about the Coast Guard here on my blog.  But my blog is about my family, and the Coast Guard is a big part of my family.  Without it, I wouldn't have met my husband. Or my best friends. For the last eight years it has been my second home.

We are a small service, no bigger than the NYPD, but we get the job done.

 Last night one of our helicopters fell from the sky.  

For many around the country those big Coast Guard orange helicopters have been a symbol of hope in times of need. They search for and rescue people everyday, often with very little fan fair.  They do it simply because it is their job and it is what they love.

Right now I ask that you pray for my Coast Guard family.  Rescue crews continue to search for three of the four members who are still missing. 

Hope and faith are what we must hold close tonight.

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...