Wednesday, February 29, 2012

~Midweek Randoms~

Tuesday felt like a Thursday this week, so if that were the case today would be Friday.  Its not, but at least its pay day! Here we go...

~We still have our Christmas lights up.  Yes, its the Leap Year and I still have white icicles dangling from my roof.  I tell myself if we owned a ladder I would climb up there and take them down myself, but thats probably not true.  My real goal is to get them down before Saturday when we have visitors so they don't see that we are 'those neighbors'.

~I need to stop believing in the powers of Pinterest.  Take for instance last week.  I have a tendency to make recipes from Pinterest based on two things: 1. How astetically pleasing the picture of the food is 2. How many repins it has.  While this has worked a few times, last week was an epic fail.  The recipe in question called for a block of cream cheese, which should of been my first hint that this would not turn out well.  After two hours of simmering in my crock pot my house smelt awful  wonderful,  I made Rudy be the guinea pig and taste it.  It was no bueno. Turns out all of those people who were gushing over the the recipe had never actually made it.  I didn't find one 'review' that actually said it tasted good.  Lesson learned, read the reviews.  

~My husband loves award shows.  Not entirely sure why as he has yet to have ever been able to convey an exact reason to me, but nonetheless we watch them everywhere.  While I would have rathered not stay up til midnight to see a silent movie win, I did overall enjoy the broadcast.  A few of my favorites were...

Jessica Chastain from the Help.  I thought she looked stunning and I would kill to be able to haver her perfect Strawberry hair.

Penelope Cruz...I absolutely loved the color of her dress!

~ A couple of months ago I purchased one of Erin Condren's Year Round Notebooks.  While the blog world was oohing and aahing over the Life Planner, I just couldn't make myself love mine.  But the notebook is different, and works perfectly for me.  I don't have a ton of meetings/events that requires a lot of space for the day, but with the notebook I can just look at the entire month and fill in the smaller blocks.  I have the meetings/appointments for the month, our cleaning schedule, weekly meals, and blog topics.  In the back on the note pages, I compile my weekly grocery lists, and the lists of things I need to do.  I LOVE LISTS, and the notebook portion of this plannerish book is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...