Monday, February 27, 2012

~Sickies Be Gone~

For the last three weeks we have been riddled with the sickies.  First Rowen was sick for a week.  While we don't think we had the same cold, he reminded me of an ill teenage boy, just not feeling that great and wanting to just lay around.  And thats what he did for about a week. 

As soon as he started feeling better, Rudy and I caught a cold, and may of hindered each other's health by sleeping in the same bed and breathing each other's germs.  Gross, I know.  While Rudy had a speedy seven day recovery, on day eight I woke up with my left eye swollen shut.  At first I thought I had pink eye, which made no sense since Rowen didn't have it, and in my narrow mind the only way I could catch pink eye was from the hands of my wee child.

After three hours of weird looks at work I headed down to the clinic where they determined I had somehow gotten the cold that was currently tormenting my respiratory system in my eye.  Which also turned out to be highly contagious.  And would last another 7-10 days.

So now on day fifteen of cold number one and day seven of the eye cold, I only had to blow my nose three times, which is a great success.  This cold has taken me down hard, but I am thankful that I had it this winter instead of last winter when I couldn't abuse over the counter cold medicine.  I may or may not of convinced myself that I was practicing 'germ confussion' by taking a different brand/type of cold medicine every four hours.  

Sickies be gone, the Rivera family won't miss you.  We are ready to be health, happy, and to get our taste buds back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...